Our new budget begins every January 1, and we have to raise approximately $350,000 each year. A generous donor stepped up in October and offered us a challenge. Meet a $5,000 goal from NEW DONORS to Feiro before the end of 2017, and they will match that amount. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who donated or talked this opportunity up to their friends. We met our match and also met our revenue budget for the year! Now we just have to start all over for 2018. 😀
Here’s an incomplete list of what our donors accomplished this year:
- You sent Nathan and Jakobee to Atlanta to compete in the SeaPerch Underwater Robotics Nationals. You also sent seven teams to Bremerton to compete in the regional SeaPerch contest, where five of those teams placed in the top ten for their division.
- You sent 890 fourth and fifth grade students through intense field studies of Peabody Creek, and increased their understanding of the importance of watersheds to the ocean.
- You provided early learning enrichment programs to over 150 young people, at Feiro and in their communities.
- You hosted four Peninsula College courses, Streamkeepers research studies, North Olympic Peninsula Library Storytime on the Road, and 26 birthday parties!
- You supported seven summer campers with much needed scholarships, and free and reduced admission to thousands more community members.
- You sent educational outreach to twelve community events, and helped put on the Celebration of Science event.
- You cared for hundreds of marine critters in our exhibits, including fresh circulating sea water, food, new health care practices and behavior enrichment.
- You responded to more than two dozen marine mammal stranding reports.
- You trained forty volunteers and collected data on sea star wasting disease and salmon smolts on Tumwater Creek.
- You installed two new exhibits (sea turtle coming soon!)
- You secured a site for our new location, and supported our critical planning efforts.
- And so much more!